How delicious do these sound? I have to admit, I did not come up with this one on my own – I found it through Coastal Living. Click here for their recipe. I made a few tweaks to make it a little healthier, and I paired them with my corn, lima bean, and potato salad recipe. To my surprise, they went really well together! What I loved about this recipe is the way they were cooked – you just briefly toss them to coat in a wonderful combination of butter, wine, and thyme, and then you bake them for 10 minutes. Sometimes it can be hard to get the perfect golden crust on the scallops, but finishing them in the oven makes it really easy.
- 2 Tbs. margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large sea scallops (4 per person)
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
1) Preheat oven to375.
2) Melt margarine in hot pan. Stir in wine, thyme, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil.
3) Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
4) Combine panko and hazelnuts with a drizzle of olive oil so they mixture comes together. Sprinkle mixture over the scallops.
5) Bake for 11 minutes and serve with a garnish of thyme.
This would also be great over a bed of angel hair pasta or sauteed spinach.